We’ve been here for almost 7 weeks now, so here are some of the things I love/hate about it so far:
Best things about Australia:
1. The city names: Toowoomba, Wagga Wagga, Wollongong, Mullumbimby.
2. The snacks. They sell Dairy Milk chocolate at literally every place in this country, including travel agencies, hospitals, and beauty salons, probably. They also have Smarties. And something that looks alarmingly like it might be dill pickle dip (that’s what a gherkin is right?) but I’m too scared to try it. I’ve been burned before.
3. The people. The people here are the bestttttt. Super friendly, and chatty, I find myself just randomly engaged in conversation with people all the time. Also, everyone calls me Mate. I respond to that.
4. The gorgggggeousness. I didn’t realize how few people were in Australia, and most of the ones that are here live in the big cities, so in between the cities, there are just tiny little towns, and vast stretches of land that house the most amazing natural beauty. Every time you go outside there is a mountain vista, a waterfall, an unbroken stretch of white sand beach or a stunning ocean view.
Worst things about Australia:
1. Three words: Kangaroo. Koala. Roadkill.
It is actually heart breaking, and I don’t want to talk about it.
One thought on “oz, so far”
Pingback: twenty eight | loveliness.