I am a seven (so is she). The characteristics of a seven are:
The Adventurer (the Seven)
Adventurers are energetic, lively, and optimistic. They want to contribute to the world.
How to Get Along with Me
- Give me companionship, affection, and freedom.
- Engage with me in stimulating conversation and laughter.
- Appreciate my grand visions and listen to my stories.
- Don’t try to change my style. Accept me the way I am.
- Be responsible for youself. I dislike clingy or needy people.
- Don’t tell me what to do.
What I Like About Being a Seven
- being optimistic and not letting life’s troubles get me down
- being spontaneous and free-spirited
- being outspoken and outrageous. It’s part of the fun.
- being generous and trying to make the world a better place
- having the guts to take risks and to try exciting adventures
- having such varied interests and abilities
What’s Hard About Being a Seven
- not having enough time to do all the things I want
- not completing things I start
- not being able to profit from the benefits that come from specializing; not making a commitment to a career
- having a tendency to be ungrounded; getting lost in plans or fantasies
- feeling confined when I’m in a one-to-one relationship
I thought a lot of this stuff was pretty accurate for me especially how to get along with me, and what’s hard about being a seven. I’d like to see what some other people got and compare though. I always wonder about tests like this, or horoscopes, are there really only so many types of people? Does when you are born really have that big of an influence on your personality, and thus, your whole life?
I always think there is no way it matters, but then sometimes I read descriptions of characteristics of a Pisces, or a middle child, and it’s so accurate that it’s creepy. Maybe if you put together the results of someone’s Enneagram test, their horoscope sign and their birth order, you’d have everything you’d have everything you’d need to know about someone without even talking to them.